We value your privacy and are committed to safeguarding the information we receive in connection with our business operations. To achieve this commitment to privacy, we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Notifiable Data Breach Scheme contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This legislation governs the way we collect, use, disclose and store your personal information and how we notify you in circumstances where your information is lost or subject to unauthorised accessed. For further information regarding Australia’s privacy legislation, please refer to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
1. Information We Collect
We collect information about you in order to provide you with our services. You may choose whether to provide us with this information, however your choices may affect our ability to offer you part or all of our services.
Personal information we collect may include:
- Registration Information: when you register with our platform, you provide information including your name, date of birth, gender, email address, contact information and any other information which you may provide us.
- Employment Information: if you create a profile on our platform as a worker we will collect information about your employment history and eligibility including your profession or job position, experience level, education and qualifications, employment history, tax file number, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency registration number, working entitlement status and work availability.
- Photographic Information: for use in connection with your profile on our platform, you may provide us with a photograph of you. Your photograph may potentially contain ‘sensitive information’ about your, such as your racial or ethnic origin or your religious beliefs. We only collect photographic information about you with your consent and as reasonably necessary to carry out our services or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Health Information: in the course of providing our services to you as a worker, you may be required to provide us with information about your health, including past or present injuries, disabilities and other medical information. Health information is considered ‘sensitive information’ and we only collect your health information with your consent and as reasonably necessary to carry out our services or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Other Sensitive Information: you may also be required to provide us with other information that is considered ‘sensitive information’ in the course of providing our services to you as a worker, including criminal history information, details of police clearances you may have obtained and other sensitive information such as trade-union affiliation. As set out above, we only collect sensitive information with your consent and as reasonably necessary to carry out our services or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Financial Information: in order to facilitate payments and to receive invoices and reimbursements (where applicable) you provide us with financial information which may include bank details, credit card details, superannuation account details or other billing information, as applicable.
- Communication Information: when you communicate with us via telephone, email, SMS or online we will collect your contact information and any other information you choose to provide to us.
- Third Party Information: whenever reasonable and practical to do so, we will collect personal information about you directly from you. However, in some cases we may be required to collect personal information about you from third parties such as the government, your employer or past employer, credit reporting agencies or from public sources. Where we collect information about you from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the fact and circumstances of that collection. We may also receive information from third parties where you have authorised the third party to do so.
- Mobile Data Information: You may access or use our services via a mobile device or application. We may collect information about you and your device, such as your IP address, location or device information, and any other information provided by your mobile device. If you do not want us to collect your location information you can disable the GPS or location-tracking function of your device.
2. Website Usage
Our website uses “cookies” (small data files containing information about you that is stored on your hard drive), “embedded scripts” and other similar tracking technologies to collect information about your use of our website.
These tracking technologies are used to track your interaction with the website and our platform and target your interests to enhance your experience.
Information collected may include server addresses, top level domain names, the date, time and duration of a visit, website or platform pages access and documents downloaded, referring and exit pages, whether you are a returning visitor, the type of browser used and the hardware type and operating system of the device used.
You may decline our cookies if your browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website and services. For more information on disabling cookies, refer to the ‘Help’ section of your browser.
3. Why We Collect Information
We collect your personal information in order to carry out our business operations in the most professional and efficient manner possible. We use your information for the purpose for which it was collected. Some examples of why we collect your personal information include to:
- provide our services to you.
- to identify our users and potential users.
- set-up and update your account.
- comply with legal obligations.
- provide client support.
- resolve disputes.
- to contact you regarding our services to you.
- respond to your enquiries and concerns.
- evaluate applications to be registered on our platform or to become an employee.
- to publish feedback about a worker or employer on the profile of that worker or employer within our platform.
- to market workers and employers registered on our platform through social media platforms.
- to provide information to educational institutions, at your direction.
- detect, prevent and investigate potential or actual fraud to you, us or any third party.
- to advertise our services or the products and services of third parties.
- deliver targeted marketing materials to you regarding new services and offers we believe may be of interest to you.
- compare information provided by you for accuracy and verify it with third parties where appropriate.
- collect fees and payments owing to us and to perform authorised financial transactions with you.
- for insurance purposes.
- in any other circumstances with your prior consent
Where your personal information is not ‘sensitive information’ we may use your information for reasonably expected secondary purposes related to the above.
In addition, we may use your information as otherwise authorised by law.
4. Information We Disclose
We will only disclose your information to the extent required to provide our services to you, for the purposes outlined in the “Why We Collect Your Information” paragraph above or as otherwise requested or authorised.
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties without your consent
5. Direct Marketing
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional information you will be provided with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information. Unless you exercise your right to opt-out of such communication, you will be taken to have consented to receive similar information and communications in the future.
6. Overseas Data Transfers
We will not send your personal information to recipients outside of Australia without first:
- obtaining your consent; or
- otherwise complying with the Privacy Act.
7. How We Handle Information
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Personal information we collect and hold is stored on secure servers and is only accessible by those persons who need access to the information or in order to carry out our services. We also maintain physical security measures to protect the use and storage of physical records containing your personal information.
8. Your Rights & Choices
You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you and may request that we correct any errors in the information we hold.
If you would like to access or correct your personal information held by us, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below.
We will take reasonable steps to allow you to access your information unless circumstances exist that would prohibit us from doing so.
We will correct your personal information where we are satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. If we correct any personal information that we have disclosed to third parties we will take reasonable steps to notify those parties of the change or update. You accept that, following a request to correct your information, we may be required to take reasonable steps to verify your identity or the personal information, which may include confirmation with third parties.
9. How to Contact Us
If you have any queries, concerns or complaints, or would like to discuss any matter concerning your privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are concerned that we may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us immediately. We will undertake a reasonable and expeditious assessment of the concern and suggest relevant resolution processes.
Alternatively, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at the contact details provided above.